Here s the list of all the goods that are protected under Class 9. It is a wide ranging guide that will help you to select the appropriate class for your goods and services.
To avoid any objection from the examiner, you need to register the trademark for the appropriate class. It will help you to increase the pace of trademark registration process and protect your brand from infringers.
Class 9- Computers, Software, Electronic instruments, & scientific appliances
Goods that are classified under Class 9
- Apparatus and instruments for scientific research in laboratories and
- Apparatus and instruments for controlling ships, such as apparatus and instruments for measuring and for transmitting orders.
Electrical apparatus and instruments that fall under this category:
- Specific electro thermal tools and apparatus like electric soldering irons, electric flat irons which, if they were not electric, would belong to Class 8 Apparatus and devices which, if not electrical, would be listed in various classes, such as electrically heated clothing, cigar-lighters for automobiles,
- Punched card office machines and
- Amusement apparatus adapted for use with an external display screen or monitor all computer programs and software irrespective of recording media or means of circulation, that is, software recorded on magnetic media or downloaded from a remote computer network.
Good that are NOT classified under Class 9
The following electrical apparatus and instruments
HOW TO SEARCH A TRADEMARK?
A Trademark search is the first step in the Trademark registration procedure. A search is to be conducted in order to determine the uniqueness of the mark, and its similarity to other, pre- existing marks. It is very much advisable to conduct a Trademark search before registering or using a Trademark. Without a search, there are chances for being sued for Trademark infringement, the rejection of the Trademark application, and a third-party challenging the Trademark application.
WHO WILL PUBLISHED THE MARK IN TRADEMARK JOURNAL?
Trademark registry publish Trademark the mark in Trademark Journal.
IS THE TRADEMARK REGISTERED IN INDIA, VALID ALL OVER THE WORLD?
No, Trademarks have to be registered in individual countries, depending on the legislation.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TRADEMARK REGISTRATION?
Basic Documents include following:
- Trademark Application.
- specifications of goods or service for which application is made.
- Representation of mark in prescribed size and format.