Here s the list of all the goods that are protected under Class 8. It is a wide ranging guide that will help you to select the appropriate class for your goods and services.
To avoid any objection from the examiner, you need to register the trademark for the appropriate class. It will help you to increase the pace of trademark registration process and protect your brand from infringers.
Trademark Class 8- Hand Tools and implements, Cutlery
It includes hand-operated implements used as tools in the respective professions.
Goods that are classified under Class 8
- Cutlery of precious metals and
- Electric razors and clippers (hand instruments).
Goods that are NOT classified under Class 8
- Certain special instruments (consult the Alphabetical List of Goods),
- Machine tools and implements driven by a motor (Cl. 7),
- Surgical cutlery (Cl. L0),
- Paper knives (Cl. 16) and
- Fencing weapons (Cl. 28).
HOW TO SEARCH A TRADEMARK?
A Trademark search is the first step in the Trademark registration procedure. A search is to be conducted in order to determine the uniqueness of the mark, and its similarity to other, pre- existing marks. It is very much advisable to conduct a Trademark search before registering or using a Trademark. Without a search, there are chances for being sued for Trademark infringement, the rejection of the Trademark application, and a third-party challenging the Trademark application.
WHO WILL PUBLISHED THE MARK IN TRADEMARK JOURNAL?
Trademark registry publish Trademark the mark in Trademark Journal.
IS THE TRADEMARK REGISTERED IN INDIA, VALID ALL OVER THE WORLD?
No, Trademarks have to be registered in individual countries, depending on the legislation.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TRADEMARK REGISTRATION?
Basic Documents include following:
- Trademark Application.
- specifications of goods or service for which application is made.
- Representation of mark in prescribed size and format.