All goods that are categorized under Class 2, have been listed here. This will help you to pick a right class for your goods and services. In order to avoid objection from the examiner, you must register your trademark under the appropriate class. It will enhance the pace of trademark registration process and protect your brand from infringers.
Class 2- Paints, Coatings & Pigments
Mainly, it includes paints, colorants, and preparations that are used for protection against corrosion.
Goods that fall under Class 2
- Paints, varnishes and lacquers for industry, handicrafts and arts,
- Dyestuffs for clothing and
- Colorants for foodstuffs and beverages.
Goods that don’t fall under Class 2
- Unprocessed artificial resins (Cl. 1)
- Laundry blueing (Cl. 3)
- Cosmetic dyes (Cl. 3)
- Paint boxes (articles for use in school) (Cl. l6)
- Insulating paints and varnishes (Cl. l7).
HOW TO SEARCH A TRADEMARK?
A Trademark search is the first step in the Trademark registration procedure. A search is to be conducted in order to determine the uniqueness of the mark, and its similarity to other, pre- existing marks. It is very much advisable to conduct a Trademark search before registering or using a Trademark. Without a search, there are chances for being sued for Trademark infringement, the rejection of the Trademark application, and a third-party challenging the Trademark application.
WHO WILL PUBLISHED THE MARK IN TRADEMARK JOURNAL?
Trademark registry publish Trademark the mark in Trademark Journal.
IS THE TRADEMARK REGISTERED IN INDIA, VALID ALL OVER THE WORLD?
No, Trademarks have to be registered in individual countries, depending on the legislation.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR TRADEMARK REGISTRATION?
Basic Documents include following:
- Trademark Application.
- specifications of goods or service for which application is made.
- Representation of mark in prescribed size and format.